These positions are located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Deputy Chief Information Officer, Account Management Office (AMO). The primary role of the AMO is to provide a central point within the organization to promote efficiency by sharing common resources and boost effectiveness by administering a central improvement program.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- 801: Program Manager
- 802: IT Project Manager
- 804: IT Investment/Portfolio Manager
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: Not Virtual (Working Remotely From Home)
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Systems Analysis)/ PD19064A and PD19065A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Applies analytical processes to the planning, design and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
- Develops overall functional and system requirements and technical specifications, and associated procurement documentation to acquire hardware, software or services required to complete automation projects.
- Consults with customers to refine functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical specifications to accomplish goals and objectives in regard to modifying systems, software, hardware, and networks; test products and services to support the IT plans;
- Analyze plans, policies, programs and directives to determine requirements; and implement life-cycle management to determine support and replacement requirements.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596846400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.