This is a market reporter/auditor position in the Livestock, Poultry, and Grain Market News Division. Market News provides producers, buyers, government agencies, and interested members of the trade timely, accurate, and impartial agricultural commodity information. This includes economic factors such as supply, demand, movement, distribution, prices, price trends, and other related factors on which market decisions can be based.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out assigned duties in the collection of information relative to market conditions as reflected in supply, demand, price, quality, condition, and movement of livestock, poultry, eggs, grain, hay, meat, and all other commodities.
- Studies operations and market reports from other production centers in order to analyze and evaluate the significance of data collected from local sources.
- Makes recommendations to the supervisor relative to new or revised policies, methods, and techniques in the collection and dissemination of market information in response to shifts in marketing patterns.
- Prepares market reports for daily, weekly, and monthly dissemination.
- Establishes and maintains statistical price series on the species of livestock, poultry, eggs, hay, grain, and meat and calculates averages thereof.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596838700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.