The Information Technology and Communications Services (IT) Application Services Division, Application Engineering and Operations Branch, Kennedy Space Center (KSC), Merritt Island, FL, is actively seeking an IT Specialist (Applications Software).Learn more about this agency
- Ensures all software developed or implemented meets NASA and Federal cybersecurity requirements related to items like access control and that all high and moderate vulnerabilities are addressed before software is deployed.
- Establishes and implements the policies, processes, requirements, and standards that will effect and govern planning, architecture, acquisition, design, development, management, security, utilization and measurement of IT systems.
- Evaluates requirements and provides recommendations or demonstrates available capabilities of SharePoint.
- Implements activities that include preparing and presenting technical and status briefings.
- Monitors contractor's activities engaged in testing and evaluation.
- Serves as a technical expert integrating technical and operational requirements.
- Serves as an IT Project Manager responsible for managing the development, integration, delivery, implementation, and maintenance of numerous Web-based software applications and Web sites supporting NASA, NASA contractors, and the general public.
- Works with NASA customers and IT support contractors to ensure customer requirements are met given available budget and time constraints.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596813100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.