The Information (IT) Specialist serves the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology, (OI&T), Development, Security and Operations, Solution Delivery (SD) Business Systems Engineering, Health Systems Engineering Team 2. As an IT Specialist, you will be responsible for providing technical oversight and support of the electronic health record.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code 411 - Technical Support Specialist - Customer Service and Technical Support #1
OPM Cyber Code 651 - Enterprise Architect - Systems Architecture #2
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/PD20093A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Extensive travel may be required. Incumbent will be required to work off-hours and weekends to ensure continuity of computer operations. Work may be performed in Data Processing Centers or other computer facilities with low temperature and constant sound. During disaster recovery situations extraordinary long hours of work may be required. In a Call Back situation, incumbent may be required to work during off hours to respond to customer problems.
- Conducts special studies and analyses that have national impact and priority. Performs effective coordination and integration of all areas of responsibility within a geographically dispersed environment.
- Aids with analyses of proposed services, operational practices and needs. Interacts with multiple vendors, software engineers and developers to streamline. automation processes and troubleshoot hardware and software including commercial off-the shelf (COTS) environments.
- Effectively plans, schedules, executes, and implements various project efforts that utilize Enterprise System solutions.
- Supports facilities or data processing centers on a wide variety of technical issues including but not limited to operating systems support, database integrity, core infrastructure applications (i.e., Kernel, Mailman, etc.) hardware, and data communications.
- Assists the disaster recovery teams responsible for recovering systems and data to operating condition as soon as possible after catastrophic disasters such as natural (hurricane, tornado, flood, earthquake, etc.) or man-made (fire, flood, sabotage, human error).
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596778700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.