See below for important information regarding this job.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement
- Performs a variety of Software Acquisition Management and Engineering functions in the software development.
- Perform oversight for the development, implementation, integration, testing and acceptance of complex software systems. subsystems. or embedded software.
- Analyze the effectiveness of contractor design and development computer engineering systems and contract performance
- Implement software engineering best practices. principals. methodologies, and theories.
- Review software code written in high level programming languages such as JAVA, C, C++, Visual Basic, COBOL, or JCL.
- Skills in highly complex command, control, communications, computers. weapon systems and cybersecurity (weapon systems)
- Recommend methods to improve software quality and reliability.
- Monitor implementation of acquisition contracts to ensure compliance to policies, standards, and contract requirements.
- Perform engineering analyses to analyze trends in performance indicators.
- Analyze software requirements for traceability throughout all phases of development.
- Ability to conduct engineering surveillance (research, design, development, test and production) and analysis.
- Analyze software development metrics data to assess project cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Assess fairness and accuracy of contractor cost proposals for design and development of complex software projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596775500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.