DHRA's mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the DoD Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive and provide management information, research and analysis of human resources and other related functional area databases for the DoD.Learn more about this agency
This position is being posted under OPM's Direct Hire authority for Information Security positions: For more information please see: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/#url=Governmentwide-Authority
As an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-11/12/13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) that implements, maintains, and conducts on-site and remote analyses of information systems standard security products, and associated systems.
- Develops, evaluates, and implements security products, procedures and requirements to ensure compliance with DoD Information Assurance policies and to insure DOD systems meet applicable integrity requirements.
- Conducts in-depth evaluations of the operating system and standard applications using specialized security evaluation tools.
- Develops risk analysis for new and current information systems and networks to identify risks inherent in the design and countermeasures installed or required.
- Evaluates the impact to the system(s) of features in terms of resource consumption and performance degradation, system reliability, and system integrity.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal briefings to chain-of-command management on assigned projects and to other organizations as part of the review process (e.g., in-briefs and out-briefs).
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of management, operational and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596743700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.