This position is part of the Defense Media Activity, Defense Media Activity. The incumbent will be responsible for guiding system managers (SM) and Information System Security Managers (ISSM) through the Information System categorization process.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .
As an IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Wide Area and Local Area Network architectures to serve as a technical specialist regarding IA/Cybersecurity, and ability to apply this knowledge to the data network.
- Comprehensive knowledge to review and provide recommendation of the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of DoD guidelines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information systems security principles and methods to design, develop, implement, and manage systems, networks, and data that ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, and non-repudiation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of higher authority guides and regulations as well as state of the art technology security methods, techniques, equipment and processes to develop local policies, regulations and guidance and provide advice and guidance concerning the application, implementation and maintenance of most effective automation security program.
- Knowledge of the mission and programs of customer organizations to ensure the delivery of IT services that are responsive to the customer needs and requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596739000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.