Leads full range of duties associated with systems analysis & customer support for all Major Incidents related to IT service outages, degradation of services, & unplanned service disruptions that negatively impact the VA's nationwide plans, goals, & mission effectiveness in supporting Veterans. Serves the VA as a Tier IV customer support work lead subject to shift work, rotating shifts, & shifts covering weekends, nights, & holidays, provides 24/7 coverage throughout the calendar year.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - Technical Support Specialist #411
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Wednesday- Saturday 10:30 p.m. to 09:00 a.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: Telework may be available at supervisor's discretion.
Virtual: This is not a Virtual Position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Lead IT Specialist (Customer Support)/ PD18515A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site.Major Duties:
- Gives on the job training to new employees, instructs all employees in specific tasks, coaches the team in selection of appropriate problem-solving techniques, advises on appropriate job procedures, and maintains and provides written instructions and reference materials.
- Leads the team in project management, prioritization, evaluation, monitoring, cost management, risk management, quality management and resource allocations within the scope of Major Incident Management.
- Undertakes ITOPS level assignments of a special or critical nature; evaluates the impact of changes in business needs, evaluates feasibility, identifies solutions, and presents recommendations to supervisor.
- Oversees and communicates systematic analytical approach to collect, organize and interpret data, and information to maintain 24/7 operational situational awareness of current and emerging threats.
- Facilitates teleconferences, online meetings, and presentations to multiple levels of Senior Executive Service (SES) leadership and other stakeholders requiring expert oral communication skills to report ongoing IT Service outages, business impact, duration of outage or degradation of service, troubleshooting efforts, and actions taken to restore services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596728200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.