You will serve as a Engineer/Scientist (ND-05; GS-14/15 equivalency) in the Weapons Control & Integration Department; Asymmetric Systems Division, Special Technology Integration Branch (H11) of NAVSURFWARCENDLD.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for the technical leadership of software development teams that conduct rapid Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDTE).
- You will field technologies that enable the nation and DOD to effectively respond to asymmetric threats and acts of aggression, including specialized framework for intelligence operations.
- You will perform software and systems engineering, strategic planning, and assist with business development to increase in-house software development capabilities and technical rigor applied for the development efforts.
- You will lead software development for data fusion and data integration applications; from concept development through deployment and maintenance.
- You will lead the technical approaches for incorporating the latest technology advancements, assessing and developing requirements, conducting reviews prior to final product deliveries, and assessing the impacts of newly proposed capabilities.
- You will lead planning meetings with U.S. Navy partner laboratories, and participate in coordination and planning meetings with mission partners.
- You will apply systems infrastructure strategies by utilizing software development tools, framework development such as Agile Scrum development implementation, interface development, and graphical user interface development.
- You will provide direct user support on developed systems.
- You will ensure technical rigor disciplines are followed and support the implementation of applicable command policies, establishing and maintaining a collaborative teamwork environment.
- You will share the technical excellence concepts cultivated within the department; learning and implementing best practices from other groups, while contributing to the development and nurturing of future portfolio opportunities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596707800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.