The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with logistics management related to training, deployment operations, reconstitution of teams and the mobilization of equipment, vehicles and operational facilities This position starts at a salary of $86,283 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 1 team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as senior Logistics Management Specialist with responsibility for performing work that involves planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission or other designated program.
Typical assignments include:
- Managing and executing a wide range of complex logistics operations for disaster planning, response and recovery.
- Providing specialized logistics technical advice and support to regional employees, Incident Management Assistance Teams (IMATs), and FEMA organizations engaged in a performing a wide range of logistics management activities related to disaster planning, response, and recovery.
- Conducting research to formulate, analyze, plan, and evaluate disaster site requirements documents, coordinate requirements with the General Services Administration, and evaluate Disaster Field Office space requirements.
- Coordinating logistics procedures between headquarters and regional staff at all levels to ensure cooperation and concurrence.
- Negotiating solutions, exchanging ideas and information, and providing advice and assistance.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596701400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.