The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Chief of the Information Technology Services Operations Division under the general supervision of the Director of Information Technology Services.
- Serves as a principle member of the Directorate management staff and as DTIC staff advisor on matters relating to the vulnerabilities and threats to computer systems.
- Provides information assurance support and policy guidance to the Agency as well as guidance and support for the protection of information technology systems, PC's, Local Area Networks (LAN's), Wide Area Networks (WAN's) and Cloud Networks.
- Serves as the principle advisor to Agency's network of Information Assurance personnel and System Administrators.
- Performs Information System Security Officer (ISSO) duties and is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate operational security posture is maintained.
- The ISSO also serves as a principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of an information system.
- Main focal point between IT Services and application owners and developers within DTIC.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596670300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.