This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Infrastructure Management Services Branch, Alexandria, VALearn more about this agency
You will serve as a Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC), responsible for supervising personnel at various locations, maintaining configuration control of the hardware and software baselines, coordinating new hardware and software optimization and reclamation.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- Providing advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Review or conduct audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of procurement function in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend improvements.
- Reviewing service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up.
- Working with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives.
- Developing supply chain, system network, performance, and cybersecurity requirements are included in contract language and delivered.
- Leading and overseeing budget, staffing, and contracting.
- Routinely exercising independent judgement and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management's position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596665700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.