This positions is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Field Organization in Fort Collins, CO.Learn more about this agency
This is a term, time-limited appointment with an initial duration no less than 13 months and can be extended up to a total of 4 years.
- Assess incoming seed accessions of crops for maturity, mechanical damage, presence of pathogens, contaminating seeds/noxious weeds, or chemical seed treatments.
- Recognize and document normal, abnormal germination and viable (but not germinating (i.e., dormant)) seeds of diverse plant species.
- Critically evaluate test results to determine if assessed seed viability and vigor concurs among replicates and seed testing standards.
- Conduct laboratory germination tests of crop or wild species of incoming seed samples and monitor tests of stored samples using species-specific procedures.
- Maintain, calibrate, use or adjust general seed-testing equipment.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596631300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.