PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (FS), Fiscal Accounting (FA), Fiscal Accounting Support & Outreach (FASO), Program Support Division (PSD), Audit, Planning and Communications Branch (APCB), in our Parkersburg location.
As a Senior Auditor, you will:
- Coordinate efforts on complex, highly specialized FA programs and or high-profile project reviews as part of the FAs internal control and financial management programs, including reviews under the Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA) sections 2 and 4, Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA), OMB Circulars A-123 and A-127 and other laws and regulations. These reviews are conducted under the guidance of Government Accountability Office (GAO) auditing regulations.
- Lead the coordination of the annual review of FA’s financial reporting controls in accordance with OMB A-123 Appendix A. Work with users throughout Treasury who operate and manage the collections systems being reviewed. May contact personnel from other government agencies to participate in testing of internal controls.
- May serve as FAs Audit Liaison, providing high-level audit coordination between external auditors and the program offices. Monitor the status and progress of ongoing external audits. Prepare a monthly audit activity report for FA Executives and Management. Coordinate the preparation of FA responses to audit reports.
- Perform other management-directed reviews or studies of FA operations, as requested by management including highly specialized FA programs and or high-profile projects.
- Evaluate branch operations, procedures, functions, and capabilities as directed by management. Make recommendations and implements improvements to branch work methods, processes, and procedures.
Occasional travel - 1-5 days per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596628500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.