This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .Learn more about this agency
The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemo
This position is part of the Department of Defense (DoD), Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The incumbent will be responsible for serving as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and Computer Network Defense (CND) specialist (Tier III) and responsible for planning, developing, executing, and maintaining Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) products, tools, and procedures that mitigate IA and cyber-threat vulnerabilities and that protect the loss of confidentiality, integrity, and availability to assigned MDA networks and weapons systems and information. Advise the Information Systems Security Manager and the Authorizing Official (AO), and key staff as required concerning emerging Risk Management, Cybersecurity technology and doctrine issues.
As an IT Specialist (Security) at the NH-2210-3 broadband level some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of systems, networks and data IAW DoDI 8510.1, 8500.2 and Agency policy and procedures.
- Implement Risk Management Framework (RMF) and develop all necessary artifacts (System Categorization Identification Protocol, System Security Plan (SSP), Plan of Action & Milestone (POA&M) and Cyber scorecard) on key components of the Missile Defense System (MDS) weapon system and associated Test networks within the Agency element.
- Plan, resource, and execute Information Assurance/Computer Network Defense (IA/CND) requirements for MDA networks and systems.
- Monitor the Cyber Tasking Order (CTO) program and coordinate with system and network administrators on CTO requirements and reporting to include incident response with MDA Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) and Defense Security Service (DSS) remote sites.
- Advise the Program Manager and key staff as required on emerging Information Assurance (IA) technology and changes to the Risk Management program requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596625700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.