THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Combined Surface Maintenance Shop (CSMS), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to serve as an inspector of surface maintenance equipment to ensure that physical and operating characteristics are within acceptable standards and specifications. Duties involve complex inspection work that requires a wide variety of inspection processes and techniques. May assist higher graded inspectors, as required.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects a large variety of heavy-duty mobile equipment (i.e., combat, tactical, etc.) and automotive vehicles (i.e., attack tanks, large cranes, tank retrievers, fire trucks, bridge transporters, armored vehicle launched bridges, bulldozers, road graders, crawler tractors, power shovels, self propelled earth compacting equipment, self propelled artillery, etc.).
- Inspects complex, interrelated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical systems, equipment and their components while in operation or in a standby condition.
- Inspects equipment to determine repairs needed.
- Serves as inspector on Command Maintenance Evaluation Teams (COMET) and/or as a member of Maintenance Assistance and Instruction Teams (MAIT).
- May also inspect heavy artillery, small arms, powered support and other equipment or components of equal or lesser complexity.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work is performed in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods. There is frequent standing, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, and crouching; or working on top of, under, and in tight compartments or cramped or awkward positions. Performs strenuous work while standing, lying, or sitting. Frequently lifts and carries items, unassisted, weighing up to 40 pounds; and often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling, and positioning parts, assemblies, and equipment. Frequently lifts and moves heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks, hoists, and cranes. May be required to work from ladders or work platforms at varying heights.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596624200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.