This position is in Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), Enterprise Command Center (ECC). The position provides monitoring technical oversight for VA Enterprise Wide application within the ITIL framework. The position is expected to be highly involved with DEVOPs agile approach by interfacing with both the application developers and monitoring operations team to deliver and monitoring.Learn more about this agency
This position is Non-Bargaining Unit status.
OPM Cyber Code #651 - Enterprise Architect
OPM-Cyber Code #641 - Systems Requirement Planner
OPM-Cyber Code #422 - Data Analyst
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-careerpathways)
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This announcement is non-bargaining.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: Available; as determined by agency policy
Virtual: This is not virtual position (Must report to a VA facility)
Position Description Title/PD#: Information Technology Specialist/ PD#175980
Relocation/Recruitment: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The position is sedentary in nature requiring little physical activity such as lifting or extended periods of standing or walking.
- Develop enterprise technical strategy and makes recommendations for new tools, technologies and platforms to be implemented on an enterprise-wide basis. Research new and emerging technologies and develop technical strategy and make recommendations for new tools, technologies and platforms to be implemented on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Conduct special studies and analyses regarding proposed or planned software/hardware systems to identify costs, benefits, risks, possible improvements, and alternative strategies. Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports for monitoring key performance indicators and to identify where operational improvements can be made.
- Develop the framework for data collections systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Develop and coordinate design requirements, recommendations and performance strategies.
- Develop the framework and tasks for planning in all technological areas requiring the acquisition of data from primary or secondary sources, identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for senior level review.
- Analyze requirements and Provide monitoring design recommendations and action plans for data and systems integration feed. Provide custom integration solutions including major system enhancements.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596622100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.