THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Combined Surface Maintenance Shop (CSMS), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, and inspections on optical and non-optical precision instruments and related devices.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Repairs, modifies, overhauls, inspects, troubleshoots, tests, adjusts, and cleans the optics and supporting mechanical and electrical elements of complex panoramic telescopes.
- Visually inspects optical instrument equipment and operates mechanisms to determine serviceability, damaged or worn parts, and malfunctions.
- Abides by safety precautions when working with compressors, hoses, and tank testing equipment.
- Serves as a commodity inspector during technical inspections, Command Maintenance Evaluation Team (COMET) or Maintenance Assistance and (MAIT) Instruction Team.
- Disassembles equipment; examines for serviceability using precision measuring instruments and special tools; checks lenses and prisms for aberrations; replaces worn or defective parts; reassembles, adjusts, and tests for alignment, collimation, and operations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in well-lighted, heated, and ventilated areas. May be required to work in clean room conditions where special clean room garments including head coverings, shoe coverings, and gloves are required. Subject to cuts and bruises, and abrasions from operating hand and power tools. May be occasionally required to perform some tasks outdoors, normally in good weather.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Normally works with small, light items not in excess 10 pounds, but occasionally handles items that weigh up to 40 pounds. Works in a sitting position for extended periods. Occasional assignments involve standing, bending, and stooping in cramped or awkward positions. Close eye and hand coordination is required in fitting and repairing parts.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596615300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.