This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Information Assurance Branch (IAB), Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC) and be responsible for the cybersecurity of the ESD’s programs, systems and enclaves.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Acquire and manage the necessary resources, including leadership support, financial resources, and key security personnel, to support information technology (IT) security goals and objectives and reduce overall organizational risk
- Ensure that security improvement actions are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the enterprise's cybersecurity safeguards to ensure that they provide the intended level of protection
- Ensure that cybersecurity requirements are integrated into the continuity planning for that system and/or organization(s)
- Identify information technology (IT) security program implications of new technologies or technology upgrades
- Ensure that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the IS security engineering approach and are consistent with organization-level cybersecurity architecture
- Monitors and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
- Identify security requirements specific to an information technology (IT) system in all phases of the system life cycle
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12 or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596598100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.