About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serve as a security advisor to operators and users of information systems within the Regional Network Enterprise Center - National Capital Region (RNEC-NCR).
- Responsible for self-initiated and directed research on unclassified and classified security trends in the Federal government, Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Army (DA), and Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM).
- Responsible for interpreting Information Assurance and cyber security guidance, directives, and taskings.
- Develop, promulgate, and monitor compliance with policies, methods, and procedures pertaining to the Army Information Assurance Program (AIAP) for Information Systems (IS).
- Verify Information Assurance (IA) compliance of all IS on the installation through vulnerability and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) scans.
- Develop and maintain computer accreditation files for various IS.
- Maintain an inventory of IS and organization accreditations, including sensitivity level, accreditation status, and corrective actions required.
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain plans, instructions, guidance and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the security of IS operations, and for security procedures and protocols governing IS operations.
- Analyze the risk of espionage, sabotage, damage, fraud, and theft to determine the level of protection and mitigation measures needed.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596594900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.