First time hires to the Federal government salaries are normally set at the beginning of the salary range listed above.https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2021/general-schedule/Applicants are encouraged to use the USA Jobs resume template. However, if you do not use the template you must ensure your resume contains ALL required information which includes hours worked, starting and ending months and years, and if Federal employment (series, pay plan, and grade).Learn more about this agency
This is a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (Framework). The incumbent performs Cybersecurity roles and responsibilities outlined in the NICE Framework. The NICE Framework provides Work Role Descriptions associated with Work Roles and Cybersecurity Codes.Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as the principal bureau/service contact for coordination, implementation, and/or enforcement of assigned information cybersecurity policies and portfolios.
- Initiating, developing, implementing, and evaluating security programs, including the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities such as intrusion detection or access authentication programs.
- Drafting and/or developing operational policies, procedures, and criteria for interfacing with program systems resources.
- Developing and providing compliance oversight for implementation of systems cybersecurity policies, guidelines and procedures related to web-based applications, network, and systems designs.
- Providing expert advice, counsel, and instruction to employees and supervisors on cybersecurity issues.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 1 to 5 days per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596577400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.