About the Position: Serves as Lead Communication Analyst for the National Levee Safety Program, reporting to the Director of the Levee Safety Center of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.Learn more about this agency
(NOTE: This position maybe filled as a modified term appointment NTE 8 years)
(NOTE: As a modified term appointment, this position maybe made permanent without further competition.)
(NOTE: The position (1) maybe filled in either location listed on the announcement.)
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates a stakeholder engagement strategy for the National Levee Safety Program designed to (1) understand the interests of stakeholders and related to them in ways that reflect their interest.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate a stakeholder engagement strategy for the National Levee Safety Program designed to clearly articulate purpose of stakeholder engagement activities including participation and how feedback will be used.
- Perform baseline communication assessments and design communication approaches, that leverage various communication vehicles including social media and a public website, to meet the needs and objectives of the National Levee Safety Program.
- Oversee and manage the development of all communication materials for the National Levee Safety Program from initial concept through to distribution while ensuring quality and alignment with the stakeholder and communication strategies.
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of stakeholder interests, how stakeholders receive and process information, and factors affecting stakeholder behavior and decisions related to the different facets of the National Levee Safety Program.
- Work with senior leaders and technical/professional staff to ensure effective planning and implementation of strategic communication and stakeholder engagement initiatives related to the National Levee Safety Program.
- Develop and evaluate communication products for public consumption on complex topics using plain language and communication tools that measures information clarity and audience comprehension.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596565400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.