This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (C4IT)(CG-6), Office of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Program Management (C5I PMO)(CG-68), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
- The C5I Deputy Program Manager (CG 68d) is responsible for overseeing C5I program management, investment business case management, and technical solutions. Directs Office staff through subordinate GS-2210-15 and O5 supervisors.
- Establishes and identifies reporting mechanisms and measures to track and monitor deliverables and their impact on the Coast Guard; plans for long-range staffing needs.
- Works through subordinate supervisors to assure implementation of the developed strategic goals and objectives; and determines goals and objectives that need additional emphasis, and determines the best approach and solutions.
- Provides technical and administrative supervision through the direction of subordinate supervisors and facilitates the planning, coordination, and direction of technical work of others involved in the successful accomplishment of the USCG mission.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, & reviews work required of subordinate-level staff. Sets long-range goals & priorities and establishes schedules for work completion. Assigns work based on priorities, requirements, and capabilities of employees.
- This position requires coordination, collaboration, sensitivity, tact, and consensus building within Coast Guard and with DoD, DHS, OMB and other Federal agencies.
- Assists CG-68 in and/or independently developing management strategies and implementation plans; continuously evaluating the effectiveness of current policies and ways of doing business.
- Assists in developing methods and techniques for successful resolution of complex policy, planning and related technical and administrative issues.
- Remains cognizant of change in policies/regulations pertaining to a diversity of phases of administrative management in the Federal government, as well as recognizing the impact of legal precedents on Coast Guard policies/procedures in these areas.
- Keep abreast of continuing changes in information technology affecting the areas and activities managed.
- Performs IT management activities, including strategic planning, portfolio management, capital planning and investment control (CPIC), and workforce planning. Evaluates the impact of changes in business needs.
- Represents agency C5I positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives with DoD, DHS, and OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, and mission essential systems (MES).
- Represents agency C5I positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives with DoD, DHS, and OMB on high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including IT cyber acquisition and procurement negotiations.
- Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596554700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.