This position is located within the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Policy and Services (DUSHPS), National Oncology Program under the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Central Office, Washington, DC. The Oncology Program supports the Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) efforts in prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship of Veterans with cancer. This is a virtual position.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Assists the Director of Precision Oncology and the National Program Director for Oncology with the operational and long-term planning of Oncology Data Initiatives under the National Oncology Program.
- Performs and manages data framework, data handling and quality assurance for incoming oncology data from all data sources relevant to the National Oncology Program.
- Evaluates processes and makes recommendations for effective organizational changes related to oncology data.
- Collaborates with research investigators and staff, overseeing oncology related data requests.
- Ensures the various Oncology Data initiatives collect, collate, and provide data that enables VA medical services at all levels.
- Provides routine reports to the National Program Director for Oncology and upper-level administration on the clinical, technology and business operations and use of data resources and capabilities.
- Reviews and endorses new, or revises existing contracts for goods and services related to oncology data operations.
- Develops quality improvement programs, plans, procedures, and methodologies.
- Manages processes and functions related to Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) as it pertains to data extraction, data transformation, data cleansing, and data warehousing.
- Maintains records on the design and structure of all oncology data resources under the National Oncology Program.
- Provides overall direction and support of daily operations of for the VA Cancer Registry Systems.
- Develops national policies and procedures for uniform reporting standards that allow for the establishment, efficient operation, maintenance, and modernization of the VA Central Cancer Registry System.
- Serves as the primary liaison with external cancer registry related organizations.
- Leads cancer registry and other oncology data related ad hoc teams concerned with studies or projects related to significant changes that have national impact.
- Supervises high-level employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596538500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.