The FRTIB is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC).Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) you will be responsible performing the following duties:
- - Administers the Vulnerability Management Program to ensure that vulnerabilities from all FRTIB FISMA systems follow agency procedures for identification, tracking, remediation, and reporting;
- - Triages and assesses impacts from zero-day vulnerabilities to coordinate and assist the System Owners and stakeholders in taking timely actions to reduce the likelihood of exploitation by threat actors;
- - Evaluates vulnerability related Emergency Directives and Binding Operational Directives from the Department of Homeland Security to coordinate and develop responses within prescribed timeframes that may require plans, specific actions, and reporting;
- - Assesses security events to determine impact and implements corrective actions; and/or ensures the rigorous application of information security / information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services;
- - Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews;
- - Assists system owners with understanding and executing upon security planning activities, e.g., remediation recommendations, vulnerability reporting, requirements definition, system security plan documentation adequacy, planning for security safeguard testing, and so on, across the life of an information system;
- - Promotes awareness of security issues among management and ensures sound security principles are reflected in organizations' visions and goals;
- - Interprets vulnerability scan information to determine weakness condition / severity, possible impacts to FRTIB systems / data, and establishes recommended corrective actions;
- - Assists system developers with understanding the principles of secure software development and application architecture;
- - Manages efforts related to the FRTIB's Vulnerability Disclosure Policy and Procedures and all associated activities;
- - Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data; and
- - Develops systems security plans, contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596526800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.