THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform mechanical repairs and maintenance on powered ground and other support equipment used in aircraft servicing and repair. Additionally, the position is responsible for a variety of duties involving the ground refueling of fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Perform preventive maintenance and repair of associated mobile and fixed fuel distribution system.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, services, performs minor modifications on, and operates powered ground support equipment such as AC and DC power generators, air compressors, blowers, heaters, portable lighting units, de-icers, and nonpowered equipment to include work stands, jacks, ramps, tow-bars, etc.
- Performs, as required, various duties involving the operation and maintenance of an aircraft fuel dispensing system including an underground storage system and one or more mobile fuel tanker vehicles.
- Troubleshoots equipment and determines the extent of repairs the incumbents authorized to perform as well as the parts required.
- forms and/or oversees the performance of lower graded employees in receiving, storing, dispensing and transferring aviation fuel from commercial tanker trucks to storage tanks to military refueling trucks to one or more types of military aircraft.
- Performs required preventive maintenance and servicing of equipment including repairing and replacing tires, lubrication, oil changes, replacing air, fuel and oil filters, checking fluid levels, and adjusting and replacing spark plugs, hoses, v-belts, and other familiar items.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works inside and outside in inclement weather, on icy, wet and slippery ramps, aircraft surfaces and work stands. Subject to the dangers from exposure to toxic fumes, high pressure air and fluids, and electrical current. Subject to the hazards of engine intake noise, fumes, heat, blast and rotating propellers. Physical efforts to involve climbing, stooping, standing, bending, stretching, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596464400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.