THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Connecticut Army National Guard Training Center (CTC), Niantic, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to assist the Supervisory Operations and Training Specialist or Operations and Training Specialist in the management of the firing ranges, training and bivouac areas, learning and simulation centers, records, security. preparation of overlays, maps, charts and graphics for plans and associated briefings, and the maintenance of equipment assigned to the Directorate.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and serves as the point of contact for the operation of the MTA training and audiovisual support office, learning center and simulation centers.
- Prepares charts, maps overlays and graphics required for the operation and management of facilities located within the range complex and for development plans for future facilities.
- Drafts and after approval, publishes range schedules.
- May be required to maintain rosters of personnel with approved or pending security clearances.
- Maintains Directorate equipment records (less audiovisual equipment, training aids, and simulation hardware).
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596462900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.