This position is located in the Economics Department, Compliance Risk Analysis Division.Learn more about this agency
As a BSA/AML Lead Expert you will:
- Lead on- and off-site bank examinations to evaluate the statistical validation methodologies and approaches used by banks for their AML/BSA and/or OFAC systems. Apply Institutional knowledge, BSA/AML and OFAC expertise, and statistical theories and principles to evaluate a financial Institution's models and statistical validation processes used to monitor and manage BSA/AML risks.
- Analyze and evaluate bank specific quantitative validation reports and relevant work products (e.g., performance metrics, validation reports) to ensure the bank's risk management process is appropriate.
- Use of a wide variety of bank specific data (Suspicious Activity Report, anti-money laundering transaction, account, customer data) and appropriate statistical software (e.g., STATA, SAS) to provide supporting evidence of biases, limitations, or incorrect assumptions in their model development, model validation, alert review process, or other quantitative controls and processes to monitor and manage BSA/AML risks.
- Take a lead role in Identifying important Issues for discussion, providing background and analyses of the issues, and provides Insight on possible solutions to model related
problems Identified during BSA/AML examinations.
- Produce Internal white papers and technical documents that facilitate the development and understanding of new techniques for identifying BSA/AML risk at the most
- Plan, conduct, and manage projects using sophisticated quantitative methods of analysis with an understanding of the relationship between quantitative analysis and supervisory strategies and the objective of developing, evaluating, and understanding model validation techniques in the BSA/AML context.
- Mentor, guide, and provide on-site and off-site training to new economists within CRAD. Reviews related memoranda and provides guidance to CRAD staff in BSA/AML or OFAC matter
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required to participate in examinations and to attend training and/or conferences.
VI2 - .
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596462100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.