The Communication Infrastructure Services Division at NASA Kennedy Space Center is currently seeking interested candidates to serve as Lead Electronics Engineer within one of their two Branches. Duties include research and technology, design and development, utilization, and/or operational control of aerospace communications systems and facilities.Learn more about this agency
*This vacancy has been amended to extend the closing date from 04/05/2021 to 04/09/2021*
- Leads and consults with team members, supervisor/ manager on balancing workload among employees, team and individual work accomplishments, problems, work processes, individual and team training needs, and resources required to accomplish work.
- Coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem-solving techniques. Facilitates coordination for team initiatives, policy implementation, and consensus building among the team.
- Ensures that the organizations strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated and integrated into the teams strategic goals, objectives, and work; communicates the team milestones.
- Researches, develops, tests, evaluates, operates, maintains, decommissions, and/or directs the fabrication, manufacture, and installation of electronic devices.
- Leads in the use of communications technologies, networks, and the electromagnetic spectrum, in the capture, processing, distribution and recording of information that originated as an image or a voice.
- Analyzes performance requirements against such considerations as safety, risk, functionality, reliability, quality, maintainability, affordability, and impact on the environment.
- Position involves a variety of communications technologies, techniques and protocols, such as: radio frequency (RF) and optical communications systems, data, image, video and voice processing systems, terrestrial and space communications systems.
- Monitors contractors performance, providing technical advice while working alongside other engineers, project managers and financial analysts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596443800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.