The incumbent develops and directs a full-scale financial management program designed to provide the Administrator and other top management staff with substantive financial and budget data and analysis for use in making sound financial decisions concerning present and future programs and operations within the Agency to ensure proper economic management of all financial resources.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate with the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) Administrator and Associate Administrator in the formulation of Agency financial policies and programs.
- Principal advisor to the Administrator, Associate Administrator, and top management staff on all financial matters concerning Agency appropriations, allotments, reimbursements and trust funds.
- Formulate estimates of funds required to carry out authorized activities of the Agency including operating and program funds.
- Plan, develop and prepare justifications for resources required to carry out the programs of the Agency.
- Develop and direct a system for coordinated budgetary administration within the Agency. This includes managing a process of apportionments, allotments and budgetary reporting.
- Review the budgetary and accounting implications of proposed new activities/programs, or changes in existing activities/programs, and make recommendations with respect to their financial impact.
- Lead the development of policies and plans for carrying out Agency programs through joint financial responsibility with States, industry, trade groups, and other non-Federal and Federal agencies.
- Lead the financial analysis and expenditure tracking for the procurement of food for all of the Department?s various nutrition programs.
- Configure and maintain the financial accounting system in a manner which will effectively accomplish the broad objectives of the Agency.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596405700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.