The FRTIB is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) - Branch Chief.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) - Branch Chief, GS-2210-14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) you will be responsible performing the following duties:
- - Manage a team responsible for providing cyber monitoring, detection, prevention, analysis, response, and reporting;
- - Manage the agency's Incident Response Program and Threat Mitigation Program;
- - Integrate and manage incident response functions and activities from multiple security providers as part of one overall incident response program;
- - Ensure incident response policies and procedures are revised/updated annually or when necessary;
- - Review all reported incidents and verify that all pertinent information is recorded, confirmed, and that closure occurs only after all remediation and reporting activities have occurred;
- - Develop and maintain an incident database that contains information on all discovered and reported incidents;
- - Serve as the primary clearinghouse and collection point for information related to incidents involving FRTIB systems or networks;
- - Interface with stakeholders and management to understand their security needs and overseeing the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them;
- - Provide accurate and timely reports on significant incidents;
- - Coordinate privacy and security incident handling activities within the agency;
- - Monitor, oversee, and report on contractor(s) performance in executing Incident Response activities and adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs); and
- - Gather threat intelligence from multiple sources to assist agency leadership in making informed, risk-based decisions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596404800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.