THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Force Support Squadron (FSS), East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the CTANG.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the CTANG.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the CTANG. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate, plan, organize, and direct Base Services functions in support of federal, state, and local missions. The incumbent serves as supervisor and primary point-of-contact for Services-related programs, missions, functions, activities, and events for the wing and its assigned Geographically Separated Units (GSU).
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2502 before applying for this position.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures Services combat readiness is achieved through the analysis, supervision, development, and implementation of Base Services programs, missions, functions, activities, and events.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for wing Services matters.
- Manages the base Subsistence and Food Services Programs.
- Prepares, manages, and maintains a comprehensive annual budget and related contracts for Services training, equipment, and supplies, as well as official travel within the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Military Personnel (MILPERS) appropriations.
- Manages the base Lodging Program.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596397500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.