OIG is organized into seven operational units: the Immediate Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Counselor, Office of Audits and Evaluations, Office of Healthcare Inspections, Office of Investigations, Office of Management and Administration, and Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 60 locations throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
These vacancies can be filled in any of the following VAOIG locations throughout the country: Arlington, VA; Atlanta, GA; Aurora, CO; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Bay Pines, FL; Bedford, MA; Dallas, TX; Hines, IL; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; or Washington DC.
As a Supervisory Auditor (Performance), located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations, you will:
- Utilize theories, concepts, principles, and practices of accounting and auditing practices, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, internal control, contracts management principles, and grants management principles to: administer individual assignments requiring an integrated analysis of operational programs and accounting systems; to carry out Audit Manager responsibilities in the performance of these assignments; and to serve as a technical expert.
- Research and develop performance audit project objectives, work plans, guidelines, scope, methods, staff requirements, and schedules to meet project needs and to develop input for annual and long-range audit plans
- Oversee report preparation and ensure effectiveness of presentations, adequacy of supporting data, and conformance with policies and standards
- Provide technical advice and guidance to subordinate staff for performance audit activities
- Maintain close liaison with department programs and management officials in the areas of assigned responsibility
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596368400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.