This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide technical and administrative supervision of a Hydromechanics Laboratory.
- You will supervise the laboratory safety program, including unique safety requirements for towing tank, crane, and laser operations.
- You will organize and direct staff in the execution of experimental programs, including both student/faculty research and external/sponsored research.
- You will provide direct pedagogical support to faculty for classroom lectures, activities, and interactive laboratory exercises.
- You will interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate independent research and development studies leading to extension of knowledge in hydromechanics.
- You will confer with major hydromechanics experimental facilities, resulting in the development of experimental procedures for innovative designs and safe facility operations.
- You will prepare and process technical reports, papers, conference materials, and workshops on complex hydromechanics matters.
- You will serve as a local subject-matter expert in concepts related to naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering, and towing tank experimentation.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596359900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.