This position is located in the Division of Information Technology, Application Platforms and Delivery Branch, Headquarters of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and participates in architecting, designing and developing software systems toward aligning business, data, and technology components to meet customer needs and IT strategy.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a computer scientist and technical expert for the software development of multiple medium to high cost, medium to high impact, and/or medium to high complexity large scale IT Software Projects or assigned automated information systems (AISs) to support business customer needs.
- Work involves both application and development of mathematical, statistical and computer simulated models and applications that align the Corporation’s business, data, and technology components to customer needs and IT strategy.
- Provides guidance and direction to portfolio managers and engineers for the development, integration, testing, and sustainment for all software and hardware.
- Analyzes software and/or hardware problems and provides solutions. Solves a wide range of complex operational and support problems to meet customer requirements. Draws upon multiple IT specialties in order to accomplish complex tasks.
- Contributes to architecting, designing and developing software applications, including coding, configuration, integration, unit testing, and test automation of software and database components.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596338200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.