About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used.
****All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total****Learn more about this agency
- Requests proposals, estimates and negotiates with contractors and makes recommendations to the Contracting Officer and Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) for resolution of numerous modifications to original contracts.
- Knowledge of various Government regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the work.
- Directs and coordinates the work of non-COR personnel engaged in various phases of construction surveillance work.
- Assures that all construction is accomplished in accordance with proper quality control and assurance procedures and governing plans and specifications.
- Ensures surveillance of the work to assure the contractor is conducting quality control operations to produce work in conformance with plans and specifications.
- Reviews Quality Assurance reports and spot-checks contractor quality control reports and test results for compliance and accuracy.
- Resident Engineer verbally and noted on the Quality Assurance Representative's daily report.
- Discusses details of construction with contractor personnel, recommends changes to the contracts and coordinates the authorizations with the ACO.
- Conducts negotiation with the contractor, prepares Memorandum of Understanding on price agreements and prepares contract modification for signature by the Contracting Officer or Administrative Contracting Officer.
- Assists the Resident engineer in planning the work program and need for inspection personnel in the project office.
- Informs contractor of requirements concerning construction scheduling, progress reporting, and safety measures.
- Assures reviews of contractor's records such as cost breakdowns, progress data and field inspection reports for computing periodic payment.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596317000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.