About the Position: This Technical Director position is located within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), Environmental Laboratory, Office of Technical Directors.
Position may be filled as Supervisory:
- Community Planner
- Social Scientist
- Soil Scientist
- General Engineer
- Physical Scientist
- Computer Scientist
- The Technical Director serves as the senior advisor to the Environmental Laboratory Director on civil environmental engineering and sciences related research and development topics affecting the ERDC and the EL's research programs.
- Provide subject matter expert advice and counsel on technical and support research and development functions performed by the Environmental Laboratory and the Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC).
- Ensure integration of historical and current civil works research and development activities across all functional ERDC programs, maximizing the EL's ability to execute an effective, quality research and development program.
- Provide expert technical direction, vision and oversight on strategic engagements and research and development research and development investments.
- Build multi-disciplinary approaches and technical teams within the EL and the ERDC to address environmental science and engineering issues facing the USACE CW mission.
- Direct the development of sound and defensible environmental engineering and science research and development programs relevant to US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) environmental user needs and requirements.
- Direct and advise Principal Investigators (PIs) in developing study plans and novel research and development approaches in a scientifically sound and defensible manner.
- Provide expert ERDC leadership for the Environmental Business Line at USACE Headquarters.
- Coordinate with other ERDC Technical Directors on management and development of research and development programs and program execution.
- Serve as a member of the EL Senior Executive Management Team.
- Develop and execute complex technical elements of overall long-term strategic plans to expand current and new research programs.
- Review proposals, progress reports and final products for technical quality, consistency and adequacy.
- Develop strong partnerships and relationships among environmental engineering and science programs within ERDC, other Federal agencies, and external customers involved in environmental research and development at national and international levels.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596313800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.