THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This is an indefinite position.
DUTY LOCATION: G1, Niantic, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons. Work is to be performed in one or more of the following work areas: Officer or Enlisted Personnel Management (OPM, EPM); Retirement Points Accounting Management (RPAM); Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP); Montgomery G.I. Bill; Line of Duty (LOD) investigations; Standard Installation and Division Personnel System (SIDPERS) ); Physical Disability Evaluation System (PDES) to include MEB/PEB; Incapacitation Pay (INCAP); Mobilization (MOB)/Demobilization (DEMOB); Military Medical Support Office (MMSO); Community Based Health Care Organization (CBHCO); and Warrior Transition Unit (WTU); Active Duty Medical Extensions (ADME); Medical Retention Processing 2 (MRP2); Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP).
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a final reviewer or processor of actions, which may include but are not limited to: Research and draft responses to Legislative and IG inquiries, Evaluation Reports (NCOER/OER), accessions, promotions, reductions, discharges, transfers, separations, boards, evaluations, Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), promotion eligibility, retirement eligibility, and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status).
- Researches and obtains all necessary, relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended.
- Provides support to maintain a variety of automated systems and interfaces used to manage service members both locally and statewide.
- Participates in unit Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP), and in organizational inspection program.
- Performs complete review of records and other case documentation to ensure that they are procedurally correct, complete, and documentation is sufficient for action being taken and that all levels of legal, medical, pay and administrative review have been completed.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596308800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.