THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Deputy Chief of Staff Information Management (DCSIM), Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel, assigned to the G6 of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members, assigned to the G6 of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to identify and support command, control, communications and computer (C4) organizational and individual training requirements throughout the state. The incumbent is responsible for providing a quality C4 training program that covers the needs of the C4 users located throughout the state.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops policies and procedures at the state level for identifying organizational and individual training needs, training opportunities and sources of needed information systems training for positions in technical, professional, administrative, managerial and skilled craft occupations.
- Works collaboratively within the organization to achieve the C4 program goals for the state.
- Conducts one-on-one as well as formal C4 training courses.
- Tests and evaluates vendor hardware and software for applicable users to ensure conformance with the information management standards.
- Analyzes customer requirements and determines the most appropriate automation resource to utilize, including software and hardware.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596306800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.