THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0201-11 HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1051000 in SPMD 1710 and is part of the MO Directorate of Human Resources.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining position.
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IS AMENDED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE TO 25 MAY 2021.
- Develops, implements, and supervises an Active Guard and Reserve (AGR) recruitment and placement program and policies for the organization.
- Develops and administers a career management program in conjunction with Military Personnel Office (MILPO)/Military Personnel Flight (MPF) to ensure normal progression of career patterns and professional development.
- Develops, directs and monitors administrative procedures and policies on disciplinary actions.
- Oversees counseling and referral services to AGR personnel and dependents in regard to Veterans Administration, Dependency and Indemnity Compensation and Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services.
- Administers the performance and evaluation programs.
- Drafts and provides input to state personnel plans and procedures that apply to AGR personnel based on interpretation of regulations and directives from Departments of Army, Air Force, and National Guard Bureau (NGB).
- Formulates fiscal year and mid-year reviews while in the process of executing annual budgets in AGR specific areas of travel/per diem requirements, permanent change of station requirements, and medical requirements.
- Researches and responds to Congressional inquiries, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act requests.
- Monitors a physical fitness program.
- Administers the medical and dental health care program to include cardiovascular screening, panographic dental x-rays, required medical/dental processing, and monitoring of follow-up care.
- Administers voluntary and involuntary separation actions and the timely and accurate retirement actions.
- Monitors utilization of AGR members, monitors unit organizations and reorganizations and directs changes to staffing guide/manning documents as required.
- Manages the monitoring and reporting of the Active Duty Special Work (ADSW) Program.
- Prepares and conducts supervisor training and AGR updates, provides input to Human Resources Office bulletin or publishes an AGR Newsletter.
- Administers the Military Human resources Management Evaluation Program for the AGR program.
- Conducts AGR continuation boards and associated actions.
- Monitors the Title 10 Long Tour Program for the organization.
- Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance standards and makes performance appraisals.
- Counsels employees on problems, adjusts informal complaints within the section, takes corrective action on conduct or performance problems within the section and initiates disciplinary actions where needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596292800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.