BASIC FUNCTION:Learn more about this agency
The Senior Audit Program Analyst manages audit information systems, provides comprehensive administrative and coordination support to the audit reporting process, applies advanced analytical methods and techniques to identify, extract, analyze and report data, and develops and maintains a working knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to federal Offices of Inspectors General, LSC, and nonprofit corporations.
The Senior Audit Program Analyst reports to and is supervised by the Director of Audit Operations. The position is under the overall direction of the Assistant Inspector General for Audit and supports the audit division.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high-level administrative and analytical support to Director of Audit Operations and audit division.
- Manages administrative aspects of audit reporting process. Facilitates managerial review and issuance of audit reports and other products. Ensures written products meet style, formatting, and general quality standards, and require minimal editing before being released to LSC management, Board of Directors, Congress, and other entities.
- Manages and maintains audit information systems ensuring data is complete, current, and accurate. Responsible for tracking the status of audit findings, recommendations, corrective action plans, and other critical data. Synthesizes large amounts of data into relevant and timely reports used for management decision-making.
- Conducts research to assist management and auditors with projects and inquiries. Collects requested data and information from various sources; performs detailed analysis; prepares summaries of findings and other written reports and correspondence.
- Serves as liaison to internal and external stakeholders. Issues reports, receives, and tracks responses to audit recommendations. Supports auditors and management throughout audit process and with other projects.
- Principal point of contact for grantees and independent public accountants (IPAs). Conducts research and advises IPAs on a wide range of audit requirements. Prepares correspondence to auditees, IPAs, and grantees. Refers sensitive inquires to audit management with recommendations for appropriate response.
- Maintains and compiles data for the audit division's section of OIG's Semiannual Report to Congress and the Quarterly Activity Reports. Coordinates with staff to prepare comprehensive draft and final reports. Ensures report content is accurate, complete, and submitted timely.
- Provides support to the Director of Audit Operations and the audit division to procure and fulfill training requests. Maintains and reconciles the training records for the audit division, ensuring GAGAS continuing professional educational requirements are met.
- Ensures that audit related information on LSC OIG's website is current, relevant, and accurate. Coordinates with webmaster to review, revise, and refresh website content as needed.
- Fosters and maintains productive working relationships with OIG and LSC management, grantees, IPAs, and other internal and external stakeholders. Provides excellent customer service.
- Maintains current understanding of audit profession, relevant standards and guidance, industry resources, trends, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
00 - Yes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596279700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.