This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology, CG C5I Service Center, Core Technologies Division, Kearneysville, WV.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of systems and components.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Ensure that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Coordinate and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Work with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596263900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.