This position will provide a variety of customer support services essential to the effective performance of Veterans Administration Systems. The work involves the planning and delivery of technical support services, including troubleshooting, installation, removals, moves, systems knowledge and assistance in response to customer requirements.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous job posting until June 22, 2021, referrals will be made as vacancies become available based on location needs.
As an IT Specialist (Customer Support), you will provide a variety of Information Technology (IT) customer support services essential to the effective performance of Veterans Administration (VA) Systems. The work involves the planning and delivery of technical support services, including troubleshooting, installation, removals, moves, systems knowledge and assistance in response to customer requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Help Desk tracking and IT asset Information is accurate
- Ensuring organized data closets when adding or removing patch cabling
- Supporting telecommunications systems configurations related to Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC)
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents
- Investigating and recommending purchase of tools and technologies to improve responsiveness to customer requirements
- Managing moves and/installations of IT equipment to assure coordination of IT support and customer service
- Providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in technical support to team leads and/or supervisor
- Developing and maintaining problem tracking and resolution databases ensuring accurate records are filed
- Installing and configuring VA approved software applications
Work Schedule: This position supports 24/7 operations throughout the calendar year. Work is typically performed on the day shift; however, candidate may be subject to overtime work, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (CUSTSPT)/PD15263A, PD15264A, and PD15265A
Physical Requirements: The work is both sedentary and active, requiring walking through out the medical center. Duties may require lifting, carting and carrying computer equipment such as monitors and printers weighing 20-40 pounds. Asking assistance from other specialist to help with lifting is encouraged. There may be limited crawling under desks and behind areas to gain access to equipment.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
This is an open continuous announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to the Service as vacancies become available based on location needs. The Application packets for those who are found qualified for this position will be referred when vacancies become available in the selected location until the announcement is closed, canceled or filled.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596181800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.