The IT Specialist (Customer Support) will provide a variety of customer support services essential to the effective performance of Veterans Administration Systems. The work involves the planning and delivery of technical support services, including troubleshooting, installation, removals, moves, systems knowledge and assistance in response to customer requirements.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (Customer Support), you will provide a variety of Information Technology (IT) customer support services essential to the effective performance of Veterans Administration (VA) Systems. The work involves the planning and delivery of technical support services, including troubleshooting, installation, removals, moves, systems knowledge and assistance in response to customer requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Help Desk tracking and IT asset Information is accurate
- Ensuring organized data closets when adding or removing patch cabling
- Supporting telecommunications systems configurations related to Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC)
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents
- Investigating and recommending purchase of tools and technologies to improve responsiveness to customer requirements
- Managing moves and/installations of IT equipment to assure coordination of IT support and customer service
- Providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in technical support to team leads and/or supervisor
- Developing and maintaining problem tracking and resolution databases ensuring accurate records are filed
- Installing and configuring VA approved software applications
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: This position supports 24/7 operations throughout the calendar year. Work is typically performed on the day shift; however, candidate may be subject to overtime work, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: IT Specialist (CUSTSPT)/PD15263A, PD15264A, and PD15265A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596181300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.