The successful candidate in this position will serve as the lead for assigned nuclear safety staff and is responsible for providing management, integration, leadership, direction, coordination, day-to-day guidance and implementation of activities within the Assistant Manager for Operations (AMO) organization for Safety Basis staff members performing safety analysis, safety system oversight, configuration management, and nuclear facility startup/restart.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer/Physical Scientist, you will:
- Serve as the Safety Basis Program Manager providing technical direction, advice and guidance to assigned nuclear safety staff. This includes assigning, coordinating, and reviewing work assignments and assessments; balancing workload among the team; instructing employees on job processes and techniques; and interpreting and implementing organization policies and procedures.
- Have responsibilities to include oversight of crosscutting programmatic, project, infrastructure, and regulatory activities and issues at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), which could adversely impact safety or achievement of NNSA mission objectives.
- Apply a wide range of methods to analyze and improve the effectiveness, efficiency and work results of AMO and LFO as a whole, regularly communicating with the AMO, Deputy AMO, the nuclear safety staff and other LFO staff on all initiatives and issues impacting LFO, LLNL, their mission, and the broader NNSA mission.
- Establish, verify, and maintain the authorization basis documents for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities and packaging and transportation activities at the site.
- Ensure implementation of a configuration management program that establishes and documents the design requirements and the physical configuration at nuclear facilities and ensures that they remain consistent with each other and the documentation.
- Ensure adequate reviews of nuclear and non-nuclear safety basis documents and coordinating reviews with other divisions in LFO and NNSA HQ as necessary. The Safety Basis Program Manager is the primary coordinator of AMO's nuclear safety functions with the rest of LFO and with the DOE/NNSA.
Occasional travel - Less than 5% travel is required.
04 - This position will be filled at the full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596073200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.