About the Position:Learn more about this agency
These are full time, part time, and intermittent temporary civilian faculty positions at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) as provided under Title 10 USC 4021. Initial appointment may be up to one year.
- Teaching core and elective courses related to national security policy and strategy formulation, theories of war and strategy, and regional studies.
- Reviewing course material for accuracy and relevance.
- Providing counsel to faculty and students on subjects related to strategy, policy, international relations, government, history, strategic culture, Interagency operations, and other U.S. policy and strategy systems and procedures.
- Designing and teaching elective courses and directed studies for selected students.
- Coordinating with external agencies on behalf of the U.S. Army War College.
- Engaging in service (internal and external) in support of institutional missions.
- Serving annually as a faculty instructor for one seminar, faculty advisor for up to six students, and project advisor for student research projects.
- Other duties may include supporting the development and execution of the National Security Policy Program and the National Security Seminar.
25% or less - Travel (domestic and/or international) may be required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596069200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.