This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations. As an executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Division Technical Director (DTD), Naval Surface Warfare Center, Port Hueneme Division (NSWCPH).
- You will oversee the technical direction of test and evaluation, in-service engineering, and integrated logistic support programs of NSWCPH.
- You will be responsible for the assessment of future Department of the Navy (DON) and Department of Defense (DoD) needs and the potential of the technology and the political environment affecting national defense efforts.
- You will collaborate with Warfare Center DTDs and customers to optimize national work alignment.
- You will interact with other DON, DoD, and federal organizations, as well as the national technical infrastructure in the key areas of importance to NSWCPH.
- You will direct NSWCPH business operations at the Port Hueneme, CA laboratory and a number of small test facilities.
- You will develop and execute long term business plans and investment plans describing the current and future investments required by the Division to meet current and future customer requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596037400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.