You will serve as a Supervisory Research Physicist.Learn more about this agency
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
- You will be responsible for the organization and supervision of the Optical Physics Branch and its mission.
- You will be providing the Navy and Marine Corps with advanced research in nanotechnology.
- You will be providing the Navy and Marine Corps with advanced optical concepts and materials; organic, inorganic and hybrid optoelectronics.
- You will be providing the Navy and Marine Corps with quantum information science and technology and sensor development.
- You will be responsible for supervision of the branch members and maintaining the financial health of the branch.
- You will be the first line supervisor for three section heads (all NP-IVs), as well as the Branch secretary.
- You will be the second line supervisor for the other government employees of the Branch (currently 21 people of whom 6 are presently NP-IVs).
- You will be responsible for most aspects of personnel management including evaluating staff performance, interviewing potential employees, and recommending promotions and hiring.
- You will determine the strategic direction for Branch research, insuring that they are well-aligned with Navy and Marine Corps applications and of high scientific importance.
- You will provide leadership for branch members concerning project conception, preparation of proposals, marketing to internal / external sponsors, allocating resources for programs, and reporting to the project sponsors and scientific community.
- You will perform technical and programmatic evaluations to monitor the progress of programs across the branch.
- You will initiate and monitors contracts for research when needed.
- You will represent the Branch to other government agencies and sponsors.
- You will perform research in areas of current or future interest to the branch.
- You will ensure their branch is in full compliance with EEO/Safety/Security and all other NRL policies and regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595909700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.