Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Fairbank, Alaska. Information about Fairbanks and the surrounding area can be found at https://alaska.gov/communit.html
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Responsible for the day to day implementation of mineral materials and minerals surface management programs.
- Frequently communicate with and provide assistance to permit applicants to develop and submit complete applications, address compliance issues, and share information through letters, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
- Conduct completeness reviews of applications for mining Notices of Exploration and Plans of Operations and ensure compliance with applicable federal laws, regulations, and policies.
- Initiate and lead the preparation of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for Plans of Operation.
- Lead field inspections at mine sites with other interdisciplinary team members to ensure operations are in compliance with the terms of the authorization and other federal laws, regulations, and policies.
25% or less - Conduct inspections and inventories in remote and isolated areas. Strenuous off highway travel using ATVs or walking while carrying equipment and backpack over rough terrain. River travel by boat, raft, or canoe, aircraft travel via fixed wing and helicopter, and winter travel by snow machine.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595845200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.