Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OH. The position will be filled as a temporary promotion which may be extended in up to five-year increments.
- Focuses on maturing and transitioning S and T related to: Training, Adaptive Warfighter Interfaces, Bioeffects, and Medical and Operational Biosciences.
- Utilizes multidisciplinary professional engineering knowledge to oversee the planning and execution of S and T programs to enable, enhance, sustain, and restore the health and human performance of the multi-domain Airman and Guardian.
- Reviews all R and D efforts to ensure effective action, fidelity to policy, and coverage/analysis.
- Creates internal directives to ensure unified work efforts.
- Develops methods to streamline/reduce program and operating costs to ensure effective management and enhance mission execution
- Programs are national and/or international in scope and require extensive planning and joint action with aerospace activities, including federal agencies, industry and private research organizations.
- Works directly with commands and operating agencies to unify Directorate efforts to support the Warfighter.
- Initiates/directs special activities to ensure AF technological readiness.
- Chairs or serves on international/national, DoD, AF, USSF, and AFMC panels and committees; actively engages in devising short/long range research, exploratory and advanced technology plans.
- Represents AFRL in high-level forums with AF, USSF, DoD and national laboratories, military organizations, federal agencies .
- Represents organization in international research organizations to orchestrate technology evolution, and to present or defend the status of current/proposed programs
- Promotes a culture where Intellectual Property (IP) is developed, documented, protected, and rewarded.
- Reviews technical publications as part of the review process.
- Utilizes scientific/engineering knowledge to assist in IP transfer, transition, or commercialization
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595823000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.